Thursday, October 4, 2012

I Wanna Be in a History Book

The title suggests that this is going to be me talking about how I want to be great and be known for doing something big... that'd be cool and all, but not what I'm going for here.

Have you ever heard the story of the Boston Massacre? 'Course you have. Remember how it all started with those dudes throwing snowballs at the British soldiers? That's inspiring to me. These guys were just regular guys without enough courage or social standing to fight in the war, but that didn't stop them from doing something big. They were real pissed off at the britdouches that refused to mind their own business so they decided to bring snow to a gun fight (these guys weren't real smart either, but that's probably because their high school advisor's scheduled too many study halls for them). A snowball or two later and a couple Americans were killed, which seems bad... it seems bad because it is bad... but it ended up working out in the end, right? This isn't a history lesson. I'm a math guy... and by math I mean badmitton.

Anyways, do you think that the great great great grandkids of the snowball crew brag to their classmates about being related to the nameless Boston Massacre snowball jag-offs? Probably. Do you think that anybody disbelieves them? Probably not. If you were gonna make up being related to somebody famous, why wouldn't you pick someone with... I don't know... a name? I want my offspring to brag about me and have nobody question them because of how close to irrelevancy I really was.

I want to do something on some random ass day that's so dumb that it ends up screwing something up so badly that something great turns out of it.

And that's how you set goals for yourself, ladies and gentlemen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment