Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Freedom From Baseball

So I've been doing this blogging thing for a few years now. If we were going to put a number to it we would pick the number four and a half. Fifty-four months of blogging for me has led to 1,766 posts... and they've all been about baseball, namely the Pittsburgh Pirates. I certainly don't regret any of those posts, because they collectively have placed me in a pretty good spot as I plan the rest of my life out. There's still a lot of work left to do to get to where I want to be, but starting The "Mc" Effect was undoubtably one of the best decisions I have ever made.

But if you look around this webpage you'll quickly realize that this isn't a baseball blog. This one is a personal blog. One where I, Jon Anderson, can write whatever I want and not give a shit what my reader's think about it. I can also swear and make grammar mistakes and not fix them, like I did in that last sentence.

Why, you ask? Because frankly I have a lot of stuff to say. 90% of it isn't worth much but a few passing laughs. Every once in awhile I'm stumble across something relatively profound, but more often than not I ruin it with my extreme sarcasm. See I live this life with a pretty carefree attitude. If you've ever talked to me extensively you already know that. And that's what this blog is going to be. A bunch of BS stories and thoughts that I have. Sometimes there will be serious posts... well that depends on what your definition of seriousness is. I don't know where this is going to go and neither do you. It might be over by next week or it might get a bajillion views a month. Only time will tell.

Time tells a lot of things doesn't it? Well, we'll save that for another post. Until next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment