Monday, December 10, 2012

Spillin It

So I haven't been on here for a couple weeks, mainly because of the new blog venture I started up called The Pittsburgh Pierogi, but I'm back on here at least for tonight, because I have some real shit to say.

This post probably won't be very funny, but that's okay because contrary to what I actually believe, not everything in life should be something you can laugh at. I have a pretty effed up view of things anyways.

Let me also tell you that blogspot is so much simpler and faster than wordpress. Let's learn a lesson from Wordpress. If you try to complicate everything and add the best features to everything, you're going to end up with a shitty, slow, annoying product. Keep your life simple, let people do their own thing, and try to keep stuff running smoothly and quickly.

My first topic is once again about relationships. When you're in high school or college, you learn that the majority of the relationships that are around you are going to eventually fail. Why is that? See, I had an answer for it last week when I thought about writing this paragraph, but I didn't do it and now I've kind of forgotten what I had to say. Basically I just think it's because of the natural selfishness of humans, and the natural desire for quick satisfaction.

To me, I define a "bad thing" as something that makes you feel good in the short-term and bad in the long-term. The opposite is also true. A "good thing" is something that makes you feel bad (well, uncomfortable is a better word) in the short-term, and good in the long-term. Just think about it.

You know the easiest way to keep yourself from missing something? Just make sure you never have it. These last two paragraphs have been pointing at something without identifying it, it's up to you to identify it. If you know me or are intelligent, I'm sure you know what it is.

The next topic at hand is something that my tennis coach and I talked about today. He described it really well in two words and I knew I should have written it down, but I didn't, and now I don't remember what the hell he said. Always write stuff down. Especially if you have a horrible memory like me. Hard drugs give you a really bad memory. Those are separate thoughts, I don't do drugs. Punctuation and paragraph structure are critical.

Anyways, in worse words than the wise words of Ronald Christman, I'm talking about additional contribution. Lots of people can do a basic job, but not everyone can do a basic job and add significantly onto that basic job to make it better. Anyone can get through school and have a good GPA, but not everyone can get through school, have a good GPA, and do something else completely separate that makes them more attractive as a contributing person. A lot of what I'm saying is natural and involves personality and intelligence, which not anybody can just add in a year or two. I'm not here to tell people to work hard and go the extra mile, because those aren't things I've done in my lifetime. I'm not the brightest computer scientist in the bunch, but I know how to deal with people and I've spent enough time reading and learning about people to understand what it takes to get what I want. Do that. Don't be some robot that can do a job, be an untypical person that can do a job while adding other benefits for the people you're doing the job for.

This blog post has been brought to you by Jack Daniels and Coca-Cola. I am 22 years old. Peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment